Apr 12, 2010

Construction on 290

Budget talks in Illinois?  Then why, oh, why, does Chicago have to create such a headache on our expressways already?  I mean, they start blocking the lanes with cones and forcing the drivers to inhabit one or two lanes all the way to their destinations.  Do you wonder, just maybe, they have some kind of "cut" with the oil companies?  After all, I sat in traffic for an hour on the Eisenhower Expressway (IL 290) last Saturday.  I was in idle mode, practically that whole time and for what?  There was NO construction going on, whatsoever.  I saw two workers driving on the shoulder, quickly measured the ground and drive off!  It took them literally 2 minutes.   
I didn't think the road conditions were bad at all.  Does the city have a commitment every summer (so it seems) to the lowest bidder to mutilate our roads?  I can understand if it was in horrible condition, but it's not that bad.  Folks, I wish the Mayor would use that money somewhere else this year.  Like, education, crime prevention.  Seems to me, there are more important things to spend Illinois' money on that the Eisenhower Expressway this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment