Jun 1, 2011

Coach Outlet Store at Chicago Premium Outlets in Aurora Illinois- A Horrible, Nauseating Experience Part I

It was my mother's first time shopping at the Chicago Premium Outlet in Aurora, Illinois. We bought stuff from the Nike Store, Lane Bryant, Reebok, Gap, The Kitchen Store and finally the Coach Outlet Store.

There was a Coach Rep handing out 30% off coupons to be used on the entire purchase today.  My mother saw 2 purses she liked a lot and found two cute little purses for $79.00 that she also wanted to give to her two friends who drive her around (to the cemetery and the church) as thank you gifts, since they refuse to take any money she offers to them for gas and going to the trouble of picking her up and driving her around. My mom's purchase was made and we left the store to grab a bite to eat and sit down for awhile.

We went back to the Coach store after we ate so my mom can buy 5 more purses/wristlets. The cashier sold her only the wristlets since all of a sudden she tells us that there's a policy of a limit of 5 Signature purchase. I told the lady that I will buy the 2 purses with my own credit card since I don't live with my mom anyways and I was taking her out shopping for the day.  The cashier told me I couldn't buy it and decided to whisper something to another cashier.  It felt like we were getting "ganged on" because now this new cashier is telling me they can't sell to me because we are a "group".

A what?!  OMG-- this is the silliest thing I have ever heard.  "We are a group". Are you kidding me?  I explained again, that I will buy it for myself and still, they refused to sell me the two purses!  Mind you, I have never, ever, bought anything from any Coach Outlet Store in my whole life.  I have been buying real, genuine, Coach purses from reputable stores!

It was a very disappointing  and repulsive experience for us on our second visit to the Coach Outlet store in Aurora, Illinois.  If it were up to me, I would return all the purchases my mother made today.  The service was horrible, unkind and grim and it seems like they are making up the policy as they see fit.  I could have argued that the coupon didn't state any limits or even mention the word "group".  However, I saw that my mom was getting upset, and I didn't think it was worth it to argue my point to these young girls.   The way these two cashiers unexpectedly tell us about the purchase limits and their reactions made the shopping experience in that store nauseating. 

There are many other beautiful purses! I'm done with this brand-- moving on!

No comments:

Post a Comment