Sep 13, 2010

The Midas Touch

Today, I talked about business tycoons during the Industrial Revolution and the words "he has the Midas Touch" was discussed.  I also talked about idioms in my English Conversation Group for ESL Adult Learners on weekends. This idiom is not as popular as the others we have brought up in class so I thought I'd write about it briefly here.

He has the Midas Touch:
(A person who touches everything and turns it into gold). Refers to a person who can make anything profitable. Having the "Midas touch" allows a person who can take anything that was failing and make it profitable and successful.







On another note:
A song "Midas Touch" was actually written and recorded by Midnight Star.  You can listen to an mp3 sample on itunes or Amazon.com.   

A simple video I found on YouTube:

No comments:

Post a Comment