Jul 7, 2010

Homeschooling: History Curriculum

It's that time again, when as a Teacher, I have to start thinking about what books, programs and curriculum we will incorporate into our second year of homeschooling.  Last year, I used the Core Knowledge Book:  "What Your Sixth Grader Needs To Know", written by E.D. Hirsch, Jr.  I included many lessons and homework using this excellent source.  I highly recommend their products to use for new homeschoolers.

I'm going to continue to incorporate  some of our school district's curriculum for 7th grade. Our school district is currently using Adventure Tales of America in addition to a world geography book. My child enjoys cartoons once in awhile, but I'm not sure if we will enjoy using this book for most of the year. What I do like, is the downloadable PDF files, FREE, which you can print one page at a time or pay a small fee for the complete download which you can print all or select pages. As a complete program, it has a downloadable Teacher's Guide and Student Activities Book too.

In addition, I am currently reviewing two History "hands-on" curriculum, and giving this approach a try.  This method claims to have students fully grasps the materials much better and supposedly more fun too.

Laptop and books on bed


 

No comments:

Post a Comment