Mar 24, 2010

The "R" Diet

I was talking to a friend, about how I've been exercising for the past 3 months and I haven't lost weight.  I didn't gain weight either, but I was really hoping to lose a few pounds by now. She told me that her husband eats the same thing every single day and he's pretty thin now.  It's not really a diet-- it's just the way he eats.  I have known my best friend and her husband for over 30 years. Her husband used to be overweight, unshapely, had a beer belly, and didn't eat healthy either. 

Today, you can't see a single fat cell on that man.  He has a healthy glow on his face, runs everyday and eats healthy. A total 360 degree lifestyle change. She told me what he eats everyday and I followed his diet. Within two weeks, I lost 6 pounds.  This is the daily food list:
  • Breakfast: coffee, plain multigrain toast, instant oatmeal with honey
  • Snack: an apple and if you're still hungry before lunch, have a pear
  • Lunch: homemade sandwich, like ham or turkey from the deli on multigrain bread plus a salad or fruit
  • Snack: for the afternoon, another apple or pear or bunch of grapes
  • Dinner:  whatever you prepare; it could be meatloaf & potatoes, chicken enchilada, spaghetti
  • Evening Snack: yogurt and fruit
I know it's pretty boring, but I replace soup instead of salad once in a while.  So far, it works and I feel a lot lighter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment