Mar 24, 2010

Oh man, my TV broke!

I wake up two hours before I leave for work. The thing is, I only have to drive seven minutes away from my house to get there.  I like to do is take my time getting ready for work.  I never liked having to rush, rush, rush out of my house to get to work.  I enjoy my two cups of coffee and watch a little bit of the morning news and weather.  Well, today, was not one of those mornings, because I did not get to sit around and watch TV.  I started to watch TV (for about 5) minutes, when all of a sudden the screen had all these red horizontal lines,with a pinkish tint all over.  So, naturally, I thought it was a weak channel signal, because it was also cloudy outside.  I quickly changed the channel; nothing. The horizontal lines was still there.  I kept channel surfing and still the same result.  Next, I thought I'd reset the Directv DVR box and waited. By now, I thought it was the satellite signal.  After a few more frustrating minutes, the lines were still there. 
I have a Phillips Plasma TV and it turns out that a part called the UF capacitor needs to be fixed. As I research this problem, I read that this is very common with plasma tvs.  I'm just waiting for the TV Repairman to fix my television.  I still have to watch my recorded shows: 24 and American Idol which I had hope to watch tonite. I'm keeping my fingers crossed-- hopefully my television will be fixed by tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment