Mar 30, 2010

Monday on Spring Break

It's Spring Break it's not too bad out- weather wise that is.  It's a bit windy but the sun popped out again, it's about 60 degrees and I am in barbequing mode. 

Yesterday, I had lunch with one of my best friends.  My morning started out good- drinking only 2 cups of coffee and having 2 servings of fruits for breakfast.  By 10:30 a.m. I was hungry, but since the lunch date was in the works, I ate another piece of fruit to keep my hunger at bay.  In my other posts, I wrote about losing weight and watching what I eat.  I also keep track of my caloric intake mainly by using an ap on the iPhone called "Lose It".

I thought we'd go to Panera Bread (where we've been going to eat the past 5 times we did lunch), so I took out their menu from my kitchen drawer, carefully glanced it over and looked for a low-fat meal.  I quickly decided to go with their Half and Half Special; a small bowl of soup or salad and half a sandwich.  The Low-Fat Chicken Noodle Soup and half a vegeterian sandwich sounds good to me.  I got it all planned out now,  so I thought....

....I picked her up from work, we immediately start talking  and catching up to our daily grinds in the car. She changes the subject and asked which restaurant we're going to today. Our usual choices were: Portillo'sPanera Bread, and Chinese food. We drove by a new restaurant that just opened up: Chipotle.  She loved the idea of Chipotle because she's never been there before, and she had a taste for Mexican food.  Her boyfriend doesn't like Mexican foods, so she was craving it.  We both ordered their Burrito Bowl; I had the carnitas and she had the chicken. It was delicious and filling and their rice is so delicous! ( I haven't had rice for almost a month now!)

The big portion of food kept me full all day. I felt guilty for eating so much food at once, and my stomach felt bloated, and my jeans felt tight.  Thank goodness I excercised earlier; I walked two and a half miles, 15 minutes of aerobics and lifted light dumbbells.  In the evening, I wasn't hungry and I skipped dinner but I did have some papaya and two cookies while I watched Dancing with the Stars and 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment