Mar 14, 2010

Daylight Savings Time

It's Sunday, March 14, 2010.  Mid-March and we had to change our clock/time ahead one hour. It's so weird that we have to adjust to a new "time" twice a year.  This can't be good for my biological clock. I just got used to sleeping and waking up at the same time!

The idea of "Daylight Savings Time" in the United States was conceived by Benjamin Franklin.  It's suppose to help us take advantage of the longer summer days, saving energy (because of more sunlight in the Summer months, thus less electric energy used) and stimulating the economy.  Because the days and nites are longer, people are out, and possibly go and walk the malls or store and shop.   Does that mean I will spend more money in the summer? Isn't this a weird concept?  I would prefer that the time be left alone all year to the "Daylight Saving Time" so that I don't have to adjust my waking and sleeping hour twice a year.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment