May 5, 2010

Cinco De Mayo

Happy Cinco De Mayo Day to all!  I had a taste for Chipotle's Cilantro and Lime Rice entre.  But since I am frugal at times, and prefer to make it here, rather than spend money on take-out food; I wanted to make it at home and so I "googled" a recipe for it. Got lots of results but I like this one particular site.  It's Closet Cooking Blog.  This guy had a recipe that I was looking for and it looks easy to make.  His version of the Cilantro and Lime Rice Recipe here.  
Along with the rice recipe, I will make a low-fat Chimichanga.  A simple recipe that a friend made and shared with me.




Ingredients:

1/2# ground tukey breast
1 Taco Bell Taco Seasoning
Low-fat Shredded Cheese, cheddar
water
Taco Sauce ( I use Ortega brand )
1 can Fat-Free Refried Beans
1/2 frozen corn kernels
12 Low Fat Tortillas

Directions:

Brown turkey breast.  Add Taco Seasoning and water and simmer following the directions on the package. Add the corn and heat thru, about 6 minutes.  Now, on 1/2 of the tortilla and spread about 1 tablespoon of the refried beans.  Add 2 tablespoonful of the turkey mixture and place in tortilla.  Add about a teaspoon of taco sauce, sprinkle a little cheese.  Roll it up and place in a 9x12 casserole glass dish.  Continue with the rest of the tortilla.  Then sprinkle cheese over the tortillas, cover and bake in 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment