May 26, 2010

Music and Mangled Senses

I was editing some pictures I shot this morning and was feeling a bit disgusted that half of them were disposable. A bit disappointed and realizing that I have to shoot more pictures, I spotted my old iPod across the room, laying on the round ebony coffee table. I put the earbuds in, hit the Rock playlist and suddenly, my senses were mangled.

The first tune that came on was I-Robot from Alan Parsons Project. The non-vocal tune mesmerized me into another world; one that got me moving my keyboard and mouse with the beat. Suddenly, I felt more creative, enjoying what I was (somewhat) dreading; looking at the plant photos.  My favorite fusion of rock music in the taste of:  Sympathy for the Devil by the Stones, Coldplay, Stranglehold by Ted Nugent and Frankenstein by Edgar Winter moved me to a place of utopia while editing pictures.

I appreciate the creative geniuses of Steve Jobs and Apple by inventing iPods, and transforming my inner world.

No comments:

Post a Comment