May 24, 2010

Samsung 3D TV: A Simple Push of a Button

At Gamestop, I saw a new Batman video game in 3D for sale.  I asked the clerk if he can show me 3D glasses that comes with video game, and they were made out of flimsy, cardboard paper; the kind with the red and blue cellophane lenses. 

We started talking about real 3D technological effects, such as the Samsung's LED 3D TV. He told me he was hesitant to buy a 3D TV because he couldn't see himself watching 3D constantly. I explained that you don't watch 3D all the time; there's a button on the TV remote control that you lets you switch the viewing mode from 2D and 3D. He was bewildered that you can watch regular TV (in 2D mode) on a 3D enabled TV.  Also, to watch 3D movies on DVD, you need a Blu-Ray 3D DVD player.  In addition to that, 3D eyeglasses.  The 3D eyeglasses are expensive; however, you can get them free with the purchase of certain models and DVD Blu-Ray player promotions. 

Now, after somewhat "educating" my young clerk at Gamestop on 3D TVs, he said he's ready to go and buy one because of my testimonial.  He was clearly grateful and was going home after work to make room for his new TV.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous26/5/10

    Cool thoughts, I haven't really heard much about the whole 3d TV thing...mostly 'cause I don't watch much television. Still, you sure did show that Gamestop guy about your info on technology. Write on!

    ReplyDelete