Jul 13, 2010

3D Programs on DirecTV


Put your 3D Glasses on!
DirecTV launched new 3D Channels
DirecTV added 3D DirectTV on Demand and I downloaded the Dinosaurs of Patagonia. Here come the dinosaurs, literally in your face!  I was very, very impressed by the quality of the picture and its 3D effects.  It's one of the best 3D effects I've seen, much better than some of the theatre movies that claim to be in 3D.

Another 3D program I downloaded from Directv on Demand is: "S.O.S. Planet". It was created by World Wildlife Fund, and hosted by Walter Cronkite.  Even though this "docu-movie" was slow at times, the 3D effect was Spectacular!  There were times when I swear, I can touch the earth hanging on a mobile, 'cause it seems to really pop out of the TV and it was right in front of my nose.  The snake "came at me" and it seemed to be only a few inches away from my face! 

As much as I was a fan of Peter Gabriel, it was for me, disappointing.  It's part of the series called "Guitar Sessions".  Mr. Gabriel bored me this time, as the songs were slow and he sat playing piano, with his giant coffee mug on top of it.  I would skip this one, unless of course, you're as mellowed out as he is now, then, watch him sing.

Jane's Addiction also played in the series.  A bit more 'moving" than old Peter, it was OK.  It's like watching MTV's Unplugged sessions, well uh, except it's on 3D Directv.  The people are so "3D-ish", you feel like you're right there on the stage with them. The picture is super-crisp.

This is great 3D programming, like I said, much better than the two 3D movies I saw in in theatres!  For folks out there with Directv Satellite subscription, tune in the FREE 3D channels 103 and up and watch some of the best 3D programming.  Afterall, you've spent the money on that 3D capable TV and have the 3D glasses-- enjoy yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment