Jul 20, 2010

Fake Tan - the Banana Boat Way

 Looking out of my window on a gorgeous but humid sunny day, I always think to "lay out" and get that healthy glow from our natural, FREE sun. But of course, you can't really do that these days, since it's pretty much "pounded" in our heads that the sun can cause skin cancer. So, to avoid that, and keep my skin, wrinkle and freckle-free.... Fake it!

Yup, I admit, my tanned skin is NOT real.  I've used Mystic Tan Spray for a few years but it's not affordable all year long; besides the spray tans only last 5 days. 

In my frugal mode, I splurged on:  Banana Boat's Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion in Deep.  It was on sale, plus I had a coupon too.  I was crossing my fingers when I first applied it on, hoping the color develops nicely.

In 3 hours, I was tanned.  Surpisingly, it worked great.  The smell is pleasant and the lotion is tinted so you can blend them in evenly.  I applied it 3 more times within 7 days to achieve the deep color I sought.  Now, I only "lotion up" my tan twice a week to maintain the deep color.  I love this stuff and it's economical, available everywhere and the color is believeably, tan, dark. I didn't use this on my face, since it's sensitive. I usually apply my Bare Minerals Bronzer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment