Jul 12, 2010

New Workout Routine

After working out for many months on the treadmill and not seeing a more toned physique, I decided to try a new routine.  It's frustrating putting in all that work and sweat and not seeing results.  The scale did move maybe 8 pounds here and there, but eventually, it climbed back up steadily and remained there, despite the increase in cardio activity. 

I bought Shape Magazine last month.  I also bought Fitness Magazine too.  Then went to my local library to get books on fitness and toning as well as nutritional advice.  What I found was book by Jorge Cruise, " Body At Home".  It's about building up lean muscle mass and revving up your metabolism. 

According to Jorge's plan in the book, you workout for 20 minutes a day, 3x a week.  Precision exercises that targets certain muscles so they will become lean and tone.  Since, that's what I'm looking for now, I decided to try it.  Since last week, I lost 5 pounds! 

It's strange, because in week #1, you only have to do each exercise 3x.  It didn't seem like I was exercising at all during the time, while performing the exercises, but the next day, my triceps were burning.  It was a good burn; you know you worked on that muscle.

I also protein to my diet, which I will write about in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment