Jun 5, 2010

Spring Roll Wrappers-- Found!

After going on a three-day "mission" to look for the rice paper/spring roll wrapper, I finally found them!  They were being sold at a large Asian market in the northwest suburb of Chicago.  Even then, I asked two people that worked at the market, to help me locate them since the market was huge; a supermarket!  They even boast a Shiseido Cosmetic Counter, sushi bars/restaurant with tables, chairs and booth eating area, health and drug store, gift and housewares area, video store, and a major bookstore all in the supermarket.

At last, the specific type of spring roll wrappers are in my cart.  My next "mission" is to practice assembling, and wrapping the vegetables in the rice paper wrapper.

The plan for Saturday, today:  Making a few spring rolls, so I can serve them next week for a party I'm hosting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment