Jun 23, 2010

Night Leg Cramps

Last night I got a leg cramp in my right calf.  I woke up just before it began cramping and tried to flex my toes to prevent it.  Too late! It cramped and as I lay there in pain, I kept thinking of what I should do to make it stop but every time I tried to move my body, it seemed the calf muscle got even tighter.
silhouette legs of ethnic woman lying on back showing beautiful toned muscular legs and pretty feet


My muscles continually cramped on and off  for an hour and during that time, I was massaging my leg and looking in my iPhone for quick remedies.  Here's some advice from people who experience this excruciating pain that I read at 4am from Leg Cramp Remedies

I know that my leg cramp was "brought on" by the cool air from the ceiling fan.  I've had close calls before, getting leg cramps at night since I wake up just before it'd start and prevent it by putting my cold leg under the sheets.  Anyhow, in spite of trying to do that last nite, the leg cramp apparently was due.

I did take 4 chewable Tums and drank a glass of water, both are usually on my night stand.  I continued to massage the leg for an hour and needed to get out of bed and walk because I had to use the bathroom.  What an ordeal this would become since every time I tried to move, the cramp would start again! Oh, this is a tragedy! Massaging my leg aggressively now, I was able to sit up and walk to the "john" after 15 minutes and ended up going downstairs to make coffee and watch the morning news. 

My leg is sore and  I guess I will skip aerobic exercises today and just work on my arm muscles instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment