Jun 17, 2010

Clutter

I went to a friend's house and it was beautiful with a carefully planned layout of the furniture and a couple of pictures hanging on the wall; it was simple, relaxing and inviting.

Later, when I got home and walked into my home, all I saw was clutter.  There were cell phones, laptops, and Dsi, chargers laying around on the carpet, an empty coffee cup here, magazines there, junk mail piled, and library books stacked on the staircase.  I can't believe how messy this domain has gotten, because only a week ago, it was spotless!

Procrastination? You'd think that I'm too busy to initiate a small effort to carry the books up the stairs instead of creating the steps into an instant, make-shift bookshelf.  Or put the coffee mug in the sink, rather than leaving it on the coffee tables all day long. It all catches up--the clutter. 

The "staircase bookshelf" is my worse habit. I should invent some kind of vexatious alarm that can help me break this annoying convenience.  

A simple fantasy, that one day can become a long-term reality:  A clean, de-cluttered territory everyday, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment