Jun 14, 2010

iPhone Software Upgrade

The software upgrade, iOS4 for the 3GS phones:

  • will allow my camera to make 5X digital zoom 
  • the video feature allows users to touch the screen and focus during videotaping
In addition to that exciting new features for the 3GS software upgrade (iOS4): 
  • wireless keyboard support via Bluetooth
  • Organize apps into Folders
  • give apps as gifts to friends and family
Their other upgrades also includes better email, multi-tasking without draining the battery life, a spell-checker that works in other apps. 


Although the upgrade will allow iPhone 3GS users to have some of the new amazing technological improvements as the iPhone4 version, I was lured to watch the online video demo, which I'm especially blown away about the video conferencing feature. The video conferencing feature allows me to show someone what I'm looking at by switching the view to focus on me or the what's in front of me. In other words, let's say I am on a video conference with you and I see your face and you see mine, but then I want to show you what I am looking at from across the room. All I have to do is switch the camera view since there are lenses on both sides of the camera.  How cool is that?


Will this feature of the video-conferencing, make me replace my 3GS iPhone?  Hmmm, only time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment