Jun 3, 2010

Spring Roll Wrappers

I bought my first Fresh Spring Rolls from Whole Foods Store last weekend.  It was so fresh and delicious.  The  price of paying $8 for just one whole fresh roll, was to me, an expensive splurge. So, I thought I can make this; how hard can it be?  Just have to get the veggies and dipping sauce.

On the other hand, finding the rice paper wrapper is another story.  The spring roll wrapper that Whole Foods used was made from rice and it was transparent-like. At the two stores I shopped at, they had egg roll  wrappers; but  one was made out of wheat, the kind you used for won tons; and the other store had a different kind of wrapper, white in color and used for Filipino egg rolls called lumpia.  Again, this is opaque in color, not the kind I was specifically looking for.

So, off I go again...on a crazy mission to find that transparent rice paper wrapper. All for the sake of making more than one fresh spring roll!  Afterall, who eats just one spring roll?

No comments:

Post a Comment