Jun 5, 2010

BP Oil Spill in the Gulf

Normally, I listen to Satellite radio, but for some odd reason, I thought I'd surf the local radio channels and came across a talk show discussing the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The talk show was not impressive. I was disappointed that both of the DJs were bashing comments from Gov. Haly Barbour on his comment about "humans being covered in toothpaste" and BP CEO Tony Hayward's comments on "I'd like my life back."

We're all upset about the oil continuing to leak into our waters. What's sad to me was having these two radio personalities just waste energy and radio time on "what he said or she said". After about 20 minutes of the bashing back and forth, they finally moved on real facts, meaning real numbers of wildlife affected, or how BP supposedly had some of the cleanup crew sign a paper asking them not to speak to the media about the wildlife being affected and the "real" grim pictures they see ashore.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/6/10

    Interesting post, Lourdes, and I completely agree with the idea that some talking heads on radio shows shouldn't speak and focus on the "he said this..." and "she said that..." Instead they should think positively about the outcome rather than bash on people, like the Governor Haly Barbour. They should have focus on gathering volunteers or support for clean-ups for the oil spill.

    That is my opinion and I stand by it.

    Beside staying positive, I believe like you said that they should stick to the "real facts". So, write on!

    ReplyDelete